Sunday, December 8, 2013

December 6th: Time for MATH

December 6th
Time for Math
Okay, so maybe I dug too deep too fast.  I was just so excited to begin!  I am not a half in type of person,...I like to jump in feet first!  I would say our first day was,...not a success,...but not a failure. I underestimated the amount of students that lacked basic understanding of the Ipads. 
My agenda for the day was:
1. Warm-up (QR into the problem and QR into the answer on "Today's Meet".  Practice work done on "Show Me").
2.  Notes (received from My Big Campus and opened in Type on PDF free).
3.  Collaborative understanding (Mover+ and Skitch used to view others work and add collaborative work)
4.  Pass a Problem (Mover + and Skitch.  Use "Show Me" for practice work)

Okay, so looking over this list, it does include a bit of new apps.  The only agenda number we did not get to was #4.  Not a failure,...not a success.  Going through each agenda number, I want to express my celebrations and concerns.
Pictured above is the warm-up I posted on my board for students to QR into.  Students easily found this app and used it to find the warm-up problem.  A time consuming issue occurred as the students attempted to show their work.  Using "Show Me", students used their fingers to attempt to find the answer.  Dexterity with some of the 6th graders was a problem.  Many of the students had issues using their fingers to write.  I have decided I am going to buy styluses for each students.  I believe this may fix my problem. 

Once students identified the answer, they were to QR scan into "Today's Meet" to write their answer and explain their processes.  Problems that occurred stemmed from the website being blocked from our schools server.  I had to individually log each student into the site.  By the time I got to the third class, I changed up my idea from "Today's Meet" to the My Big Campus discussion board.  I love the idea of "Today's Meet".  Students were able to see the answers on the board as they were posted.  I could ensure that each student participated and was engaged.


No comments:

Post a Comment