Sunday, December 8, 2013

Dec. 4- Ipads in Action at HCC

December 4th- I-Pads in Action at HCC
Presented by Emma K Doubs and Apple Inc.
On Monday, one of my lead teachers gave me to opportunity to join her for an Apple event, I-Pads in action.  I was given the opportunity to see how one of our county schools, Emma K Doubs, had implemented I-Pads on a one-to-one basis.  Sitting through four sessions, I learned various apps and strategies for using them in my classroom. The librarian was named MSET technology teacher of the year.  What these teachers do at their school is beyond amazing!  I feel like this is Washington Counties hidden gem!  I am confused as to how this is the first time I am hearing of their successes.  Although I love Washington County, I truly believe that one of our weaknesses is vertical teaming.  Emma K Doubs is an elementary school.  As a middle school math teacher, I am inundated with valuable information for teaching middle school and math, but I truly believe I would benefit from training at the elementary level as well.  Although I am unable to use some of their strategies, I am able to differentiate for my level.  If I did not have this amazing lead teacher (Amy Hilliard), I would never have had this opportunity.  As a county, we need to expose these hidden gems!  I am committing myself to educating my staff with what I have learned, but I believe the training I received is essential to all employees at all levels.


No comments:

Post a Comment