Thursday, January 9, 2014

Online resource: ifaketext



Ifaketext.com is an easy way to increase student interest in instruction.  I have used this online resource in different applications.  This site is an easy way to produce enhancements to presentation for the students.  It is also an alternative way to display work.  See an examples from my class!

In my quest for new ways to enhance student engagement,...I also found ifakesiri.  Take a look!


Try it out for yourself!
www.ifakesiri.com
www.ifaketext.com

2 comments:

  1. Wow Shawna! You never cease to amaze me with your fresh new ideas and innovation to include technology in your classroom. As the ELL teacher I've been fortunate enough to have participated in some of your I-pad learning classes. I love the idea of ifaketext and ifakesiri. Not only are you aligning the content with technology that is relevant in our students' lives, but you are providing the student with visual, tactile, and auditory support. Although I saw a "frustration level" with some ELL students during the learning phase, i realize this can happen whenever any new tool is introduced. Another benefit of using this technology, is that you instantly have many student helpers in your classroom because so many of them are already tech savvy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree. I am currently looking for more ways to support my ELL population with the Ipads. This is a difficult transition, because until they understand the routine, their frustration levels rise. Once they understand, however, the ipads can be empowering. If you or anyone have any ideas as how to support the ELL with the apps, I would love to know. What do you think about a guide sheet for each app in their native language?

    ReplyDelete