Monday, January 20, 2014

Not without issues,... (Online resource highlight: Glogster)

I have so many ideas floating around in my head,...I just wish they would all work, when I want them to.  I am currently having my students showcase their understanding of variable equation and expressions in a project based learning environment.  Through guided groups, I have students enhancing their understanding of variables while creating articles to prepare for their end of the unit project.  Eventually, students will get to choose their end of the unit project, but as of now, I have all students creating a Glogster.  I want to give a my students the knowledge before I set them free.  Anyways, during guided groups, I introduced Glogster to my students and allowed them to explore.  Little did I know, I was going to encounter a plethora of issues.  After reaching my frustration point, I bucked up and called Glogster myself.  A very nice British man informed me that Glogster is currently not compatible with I-pads.  In about a month, they will be releasing an app that will work.
Super.
Awesome.
There goes my project.
Although this problem is easily fixed (renting out laptops from our library), this problem is proof that technology is still progressing.  I am learning as I go,...and so are other people.  My advise is, do not get frustrated.


On a positive note, the online resource I am using for the students is FANTASTIC!  So far, the kids are obsessed.  They are going home and enhancing their Glogs!  I have included an example of a Glog I made last year for my nomination for MSET outstanding teaching using technology.  Visit the Glogster EDU website and explore all the opportunities.  Think of Glogster as an interactive poster.  Students can link in pictures, documents, videos, web links and so much more!  I will post my students examples when they are complete.
http://www.glogster.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment